MCMS School Improvement Council
Angela Boyd Ana DiCorte Marie Weatherford
Welsh Conder Janna Livingston Willie Mayes
Jennifer Moore Daniel Quattlebaum Jill Longshore
McKeva Shelton Christine Milling Kristin Ruff
Administration: Deedee Westwood Eric Thompson Beverly Wood
Teachers/Staff: Candice Dixon Cecilia Kelly
For SIC Agendas and Meeting Minutes, please visit the home page Documents tab at the top of the screen.
What is a School Improvement Council (SIC)?
- The School Improvement Council (SIC) serves as an advisory committee to a school's principal and faculty.
- Unlike PTAs and other voluntary school organizations, councils are mandated by law to exist in every public school in South Carolina.
- SICs play a key role in the education of our state's children, bringing together parents, educators and community stakeholders to work collectively to improve their local schools.
- More than 16,000 people serve on SICs in South Carolina.
- SICs work with the school to develop and implement a five-year school improvement plan (school renewal plan).
- SICs monitor and evaluate success in reaching the plan's goals and objectives.
- SICs write an annual report to parents about the progress of the plan.
- SICs assist the principal in writing the narrative for the School Report Card.
- SICs advise on the use of school incentive awards and provide assistance as requested by the principal.
2019-2020 MCMS SIC Goals:
1. Enhancing parent involvement
2. Reaching out to the community